Re: X stopped working with 5.14 on iBook

Hi Riccardo!

On 10/6/21 01:19, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> I carefully upgraded kernel and other selected packages on my trusty iBook
> and see how it goes. The iMac G5 runs smooth (except for libffi issues) with
> current kernel and Debian the PowerBook adds to this latest kernel issues,
> but for the rest it has "only" the libffi issue.

You should be able to upgrade libffi. I have built a workaround package which
should work until the proper fix has entered Debian unstable.

> I fear it has something to do with the 5.14 series kernel, since booting the
> old 5.10 gives me a perfectly working X! Ideas ?

Any chance you could look into cross-building and bisecting the kernel yourself?

It isn't that difficult and it would help me quit a bit if this work didn't end up
with me.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz