Re: after Debian update most apps crash - libffi issue?

i can confirm that the ppc64 snapshot packages work without illegal instructions

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 12:54 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
Hi!

> OK. I'm regenerating the chroots on the build servers now and then
> trigger another rebuild of the package. If that still doesn't help,
> we know there is some runtime detection which enables these instructions
> during build and I have to start looking into the source code.

In the meantime, could you please perform another experiment and check whether
the libffi_3.4.2-1 package is affected as well?

You can fetch it from here:

powerpc:

> http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20210716T200121Z/pool-powerpc/main/libf/libffi/libffi8_3.4.2-1_powerpc.deb

ppc64:

> http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20210716T200121Z/pool-ppc64/main/libf/libffi/libffi8_3.4.2-1_ppc64.deb

The -dev packages can be found here if necessary:

powerpc:

> http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20210716T200121Z/pool-powerpc/main/libf/libffi/libffi-dev_3.4.2-1_powerpc.deb

ppc64:

> http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20210716T200121Z/pool-ppc64/main/libf/libffi/libffi-dev_3.4.2-1_ppc64.deb

If these package work, we know it's a bug with the build environment (compiler, binutils etc).

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz@debian.org