Re: after Debian update most apps crash - libffi issue?

Hi,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
No I cannot, 3.4.2 (cleaned, reconfigured, installed) seems to work fine out of the box.

So either the release is not well tagged, or there is an issue with the Debian package.
You could try rebuilding the libffi Debian package locally and see if that makes any
difference. I'll check the build logs whether the package might have been built
with the compiler option "-mnative".

yes please check that - I will access this computer only next weekend, so for now no test, I only have my laptop with me, but 32bit might not be affected.

Riccardo