ppc-64 (powermac g5) question

Hello,

I'm trying to install Debian SID on a Power Mac G5 system using the Apr
2021 CD.

After installing a basic text-only system, I replaced systemd with
sysvinit-core.  However, most things that I try to install seem to
require systemd.

For example:

# apt-get install xserver-xorg
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  sysvinit-core
... systemd ... xserver-xorg ...

I'm using this entry in /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ sid main

Maybe there is a different repository for packages that do not require
systemd as a prerequisite?

I could try some other GNU/Linux distribution, but I'm familiar with
Debian SID, and I don't run into this situation on any other
architecture (including 32-bit powerpc).

thanks for any information

-Stan Johnson