Re: Update Debian Ports installation images 2021-04-14

On 15/04/2021 17:07, David VANTYGHEM wrote:

To install Debian, I boot from the installation ISO file, mounted on a virtual CDROM : /usr/bin/qemu-system-ppc \

-monitor stdio \

-k fr \

-machine accel=tcg \

-m 512 \

-drive file="/home/david/Documents/Informatique/Documentation/Macintosh/debian-10.0.0-powerpc-NETINST-1.iso",media=cdrom \

-drive file="/home/david/Documents/Informatique/Documentation/Macintosh/Debian + LXDE sur iMac G3.vmdk",if=ide,media=disk \

For the -drive part you're not specifying the unit number/bus so QEMU will simply start from zero and plug the drives in sequentially. I don't think this will match the aliases for hd and cd in the device tree.

Have a look at some of the examples on the wiki at https://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/PowerPC to see how this is done.

Note that all of the -hda/-hdb/-hdc/-hdc and -drive parameters are now deprecated in favour of -blockdev but they will work for now.

-*boot once=d*,menu=on \

The boot once option isn't supported by OpenBIOS. Just used -boot c for the hard disk or -boot d for the CDROM.

-net nic,macaddr=00:a2:6d:80:10:8f,model=rtl8139 \

Why are you using a non-default network card? The sungem NIC as found in a real Mac has been the default for years now.

-net user \

-net user,smb=/home/david/Bureau \

-rtc base=localtime \

-name "Debian + LXDE sur iMac G3" \