Re: Current status on grub-installer on PowerMac

Hello!

On 4/14/21 9:54 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> The latest image is in the folder "hfstest-20210411-8" which I created this
> morning. This image is not tested yet, but it should actually work when looking
> at the script code itself [2] but it doesn't which is most likely attributed to a
> race condition.
>
> The problem is that setting the correct file properties with the hattrib tool
> fails at the first attempt of installing the bootloader but succeeds when just
> reattempting to install the bootloader from the installer menu. So far, I have
> not been able to find out why, that will require more debugging.

The problem is most likely related to hattrib being run with the chroot command
which probably messes around the weird virtual mounting mechanism that the tool
uses.

The easiest fix would probably be to build a hfsutils-udeb package and run the
necessary HFS commands outside the chroot. I will try that later today.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz