Re: Some details on the bootloader installation for PowerMacs

Hello!

On 2/14/21 1:05 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Just uploaded that one to unstable after cleaning everything up and
> verifying it works correctly [1].

Some more progress. I am able to select "HFS" from the partitioner now
and format a disk with HFS.

For some reason, it's not offering HFS Plus for selection and it also
prints an empty error message which needs to be answered with "No".

But after that, it will actually format and mount a partition with
HFS which is what we need for the GRUB installation.

A test image which does that can be found here if you want to play
with that:

> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/tests/hfstest/2021-02-14/

Note: This image does not install a working system at the moment unless
      you do that manually on the command line. So if you don't want to
      end up with a broken system, don't use this.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz