Re: partman no longer hangs on powerpc

On 2/1/21 4:19 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have created fresh installation images for the Debian Ports architectures today [1]
> and one very important change is a new upstream version of parted that was just [2]
> released and uploaded to Debian unstable [3].
>
> Testing the powerpc image on my iBook G4 showed that partman is no longer hanging
> and the partioner starts up normally. I can therefore get back to fixing the bootloader
> installation for Apple PowerMac systems as I can finally test the images myself again.
>
> Feel free to test the images and report any issues besides the GRUB issue which I am
> going to work on tomorrow.
>
> Adrian
>
>> [1] https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2021-02-01/
>> [2] https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=9924
>> [3] https://packages.qa.debian.org/p/parted/news/20210130T003446Z.html

Bad news ... even the default installer fails still.

See:

https://beta.genunix.com/debian_boot/ppc64/debian_ppc64_partman_20210202012126.txt

https://beta.genunix.com/debian_boot/ppc64/debian_ppc64_syslog_20210202012030.txt

So lets just carve that up to a critical problem somewhere in the ....
 somewhere .. glad I could test.

I can test SPARC64 also but that takes longer.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC