Re: Radeon HD 5770

Hello,

On 26 Jan 2021, at 15:24, luigi burdo wrote:

i had been test linux with G5 Quad . Quadro 7800Gtx in 16x slot, radeonhd on 8x slot.
Result, it work with mesa 3D enabled on 4650, 5450, 6570, and R5 220.
only 2D working with SI cards 7750, r7 250 because mesa crash for endianess someware.

For have the PC bios card working you need 2 Monitors. one monitor for the apple firmaware gpu and one for the "pc firmware gpu". This is a video of my g5 with Debian Port (thanx Adrian Glubitz) and radeonhd 6570 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsB5xlLyZwE&t

looks as if I were not lucky at all. Had all drivers installed, but did not manage to even get a little piece of a signal out of the Radeon HD 5770 I got from a Mac Pro. If I researched correctly it is because the the 5770 needs a PCIe 2.0 while the G5 only has 1.0. Do you think this is correct? Going to try a 6570 then (X1900 for G5 would be great, but are hard to find it seems).

Johannes