Re: GRUB doesn't install

On 7/22/20 8:43 AM, David VANTYGHEM wrote:
> Alt+Function Keys don't work in AQEMU.

Then run the installation through a virtual serial console. This allows you
switch to different screens (i.e. from GNU screen) using Ctrl+a+p.

Even though I have a hard time believing that you can't use Alt+Function Keys
in your emulation. You should look into fixing the keyboard configuration then.

If that doesn't work either, go back to the main menu after the installation has
failed and then go to "Execute a shell" and access the syslog this way.

> I tried to mount the qcow image, it failed. I tried to boot Debian installed
> in the VM with -append root= -kernel -initrd options as explained here
> https://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10736&p=67023#p67023

It's not in the image, it's a RAM file system.

Please understand that it's not possible to help you without a log file.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz