Re: Installing Jessie on PowerMac G4 (32 bit) -- expired key

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020, at 11:36 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 6/23/20 8:27 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
> > Unfortunately, as you can see, I still get the warning.
> >
> > I have a vague recollection of seeing something somewhere (I know -- I'm sorry I can't be
> > more specific) that the version of apt in Jessie doesn't respond to "Check-Valid-Until".
> > Can anyone confirm or deny this?

> Did you set the setting in /etc/apt/apt.conf or in your sources.list?
> The latter doesn't
> work.

> If setting it in apt.conf doesn't work, try setting
> "APT::Get::AllowUnauthenticated "true";":

> > https://askubuntu.com/questions/74345/how-do-i-bypass-ignore-the-gpg-signature-checks-of-apt

> > I wonder if it is possible to get the Release file re-signed with an up-to-date key?

> As those files have been archived, it isn't possible. But you could run your own
> mirror, copy all packages and add a new Release file plus signature.

I tried setting it in sources.list.  As you noted, it didn't work.  So I created a file in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/  as follows:

root@grey:~# cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/25ignoreexpired

APT::Get::AllowUnauthenticated "true";

root@grey:~#

Then tried

root@grey:~# apt update

Ign http://archive.debian.org jessie InRelease

Get:1 http://archive.debian.org jessie Release.gpg [2420 B]

Hit http://archive.debian.org jessie Release

Ign http://archive.debian.org jessie Release

<snip...>

W: GPG error: http://archive.debian.org jessie Release: The following signatures were invalid: KEYEXPIRED 1587841717

And it still isn't working...  /-:
Rick

PS: Thanks very much for the quick replies!