Re: "Not installable" error on powerpc 32-bit

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020, at 6:34 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hello Alessandro!
>
> On 11/27/20 3:02 PM, Alessandro Gaggioli wrote:
> > I am a user of the debian-ports repository and would like to ask for a reason
> > as to why, when attempting to install a package such as "firefox" to my powerpc
> > machine, I continue receiving errors telling me that certain dependencies are
> > unavailable.
>
> Are you just talking about Firefox or any other package in particular?
>
> Please list the packages that you are talking about.
>
> > Are certain programs, such as libevent or libvpx4, simply missing from the
> > repositories? Am I doing something wrong here or are these simply not present?
>
> I posted a message on the Debian sparc mailing list explaining this issue [1],
> let me know if this helps understanding the problem.
>
> Adrian
>
> > [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2017/12/msg00060.html

Thanks for the heads-up Adrian!  What exactly do I have to do to add snapshot.debian.org to sources.list?  The documentation at that address indicates that I need specify a particular date as part of the sources.list deb line.  Is there something I can do to make it generalize over all available dates?

I'm particularly interested in firefox, but there are lots of other packages it would be nice to have...

Thanks!
Rick