Re: hfsprogs: Removal of sys/sysctl.h

On 11/9/20 2:02 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 11/9/20 7:55 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>>> Found the problem. isofs-modules is no longer pulled in
>>> automatically and this fix [1] forgot powerpc :-).
>> Fixed:
>>> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/commit/d82eedd0577361610cb453533ae8cbf40e395e37
>>> https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/commit/69b15bebcc5a9daf438eeb239d2e1eba25020958
>>
>> Will build new images later.
> Okay, that has been fixed and mounting the CD works again [1].

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for creating the 9 Nov 2020 CD.  I was able to use that CD to
install Debian SID on a PPC Cube (G4) from an external Firewire CD
drive.  Previous CDs had failed while detecting hardware to find the
installation media, and I had thought there was a problem with my
Firewire CD drive (the internal CD drive no longer works on this system).

> But for some reason partman (the partitioning tool) is hanging now.
> Adrian

On my PPC Cube, partman didn't hang, but I only used it to choose
partitions that I had already created and to create ext3 filesystems.

The installation proceeded normally, except that the installation of
GRUB failed (perhaps I need to create an HFS filesystem on my
Apple_Bootstrap partition first?).  After the CD ejected, the kernel
crashed while rebooting, but that doesn't seem to have caused any problems.

I couldn't find a current yaboot, but I can use the rescue mode on the
CD to restore Debian 7.8 from backups and install yaboot from there
until I'm able to use GRUB.

thanks

-Stan Johnson