Re: AW: debian-ports source packages

On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 08:45:33AM +0000, Budweiser Gregor wrote:
> I was not aware of this. We are using the powerpc packages. I assume
> those are more generic builds (like i386 used to be).

e500 can't execute FPU code from generic powerpc as far as I know.
At least not 64 bit FPU code.  Of course a lot of code doesn't use
FPU and hence would run fine.  Apparently if you have FPU emulation
enabled in the kernel, then software will take care of emulating it,
but of course the FPU performance will be terrible.

--
Len Sorensen