Re: Kernel broken for Apple powerbooks

Hello Adrian,

Il giorno ven, 28/08/2020 alle 15.25 +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
ha scritto:
> Hi Guiseppe!
>
> On 8/28/20 3:14 PM, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> > since two months I am debugging the kernel boot process on an Apple
> > powerbook because latest Debian kernels do not boot. I already
> > opened a bug against debian src:linux package[1].
> > Finally, I found the problem and I reported it upstream [2].
>
> Thanks for tracing this down. I'm not sure, however, whether your bug
> report
> will get any attention there. It's better to post it on the official
> kernel
> mailing list called linuxppc-dev [1] and the kernel bugzilla [2].

Yes, I contacted linuxppc-dev and got much help. There I've got the
request to open the bug at github. I am sure they will find a fix, but
I have no ideas about how much time this will take.

https://www.ports.debian.org/> > ?

> > Or, is there any ppc32 porter able to propose a patch?
>
> You still report your bugs against src:linux. Even in Debian Ports, virtually
> all source changes are made through the normal packages in unstable. We
> don't have separate package sources in Debian Ports.

Ok, so I will ask for this config change on the standard package
src:linux using the already opened bug.

Thank you,
Giuseppe