Re: finding who call all __init functions

Hi Guiseppe!

On 7/7/20 11:54 AM, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Now, I would like to better follow the boot process, looking for what
> is done after the cpufreq driver setup.
> I cannot use the netconsole since the ethernet driver is not yet loaded
> when the boot process hangs. I already created a .config that include
> only a reduced set of kernel parts, but it is still quite large, of
> course.
>
> I would like to start knowing what is called after the cpufreq. How do
> I find it? I know that drivers/cpufreq/pmac32-cpufreq.c has an __init
> marked function and it is not compiled as a module. I understood that
> such marked function will be discarded once boot is complete, but I
> suspect somewhere a part of the kernel load all __init marked
> functions. Is this correct? Where is it?

Why aren't you bisecting the kernel using git so you find the actual commit
that broke the build? This way you will find the problem much quicker.

Also, I would suggest discussing this kernel problem on the Linux kernel
mailing list for PowerPC as the people there are actually responsible
for the code you are trying to debug [1].

Adrian