debian on apple powerbook

Hello,
I just installed (again) debian on an Apple PowerBook G4. It is a quite
old machine, but it fits my requirements. After having installed the
latest supported Debian release, I upgraded to sid using the ports
archive. A few think do not work, so I am asking how to fix them, if
possible.

First, kernels 5.6 and 5.7 do not boot at all. I opened a bug a few
days back (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=963689).
Second, the battery is not detected by upower, so it does not show up
in MATE. Third, audio is not working at all.

Do you have hints about how to solve these problems? I am willing to
spend some of my time in order to debug and, eventually, provide
patches.

Thank you,
Giuseppe