Re: After update, just a black screen

On 5/20/20 2:06 PM, Mick Bert wrote:
> Very bad!

Not unexpected when you are missing firmware packages.

> After the complete update, since long time (see, the other email), I got from my iBookG4 just a black screen.

You need to install the firmware-amd-graphics package.

You need to add the following to your sources.list:

# contrib and non-free arch:all packages (i.e. firmware)
deb [arch=all] http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable contrib non-free

> I can see the boot logging until the graphic card initialization, then I have no way to
> interact. I also tried to load the old kernel (from yaboot menu), but the result is the same.

Try booting with "nomodeset" or "init=/bin/bash".

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz