Re: help with diagnosing rust SEGV on powerpc (using porterbox perotto.debian.net)

On Wed 2020-03-11 13:14:26 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> In particular, i can't seem to get the libc6-powerpc-dbgsym package
> installed within the chroot, depsite it being available outside the
> chroot:

ah the issue i was missing was just that libc6-dbgsym doesn't exist, and
it's named "libc6-dbg", unlike all the other dbgsym packages :/

r've just opened a bug report against libc6-dbg to ask it to sport what
is now the standard name.

Still seeing the segfault on powerpc, but we've narrowed it down to a
bindgen problem now:

    https://bugs.debian.org/953648

Pointers for further debugging help would be welcome!

I looked into seeing whether upstream's current version of bindgen would
exhibit the same problem (debian has bindgen 0.51.1 due to
rust-nettle-sys and rust-onig-sys having hard-coded dependencies on that
version, afaict, though we could probably patch both of those
dependencies to adjust), but updating rust-bindgen in debian to
upstream's current 0.53.2 would require updating rust-clang-sys to 0.29
and rust-cexpr to 0.4 (as well as rust-regex to 1.3, which is in NEW),
so i think that's not an option right now.

    --dkg