Re: italian and german keyboards

On Mon, Mar 02, 2020 at 06:34:46PM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 11:38:58AM +0100, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Hi!

I have an iBook and a PowerBook with an italian keyboard. Keys with
have 3 symbols each.
I need to type certain keys with the "right-something" key combination
(altgr on PC) or similar.
Some of these keys are crucial: @, #, [] and to a lesser extent €.

Just from my old emails in 2017 I sent to this list, and I can't verify it
works, because I don't have Debian installed any more to this machine,
so:
On a Powerbook 3.5 (Titanium IV) I might have set up the alt_gr key like so:

in
/etc/default/keyboard
a line something like
XKBOPTIONS="lv3:enter_switch"

??

.. not being sure, but somewhere in the thread the following message
is part of I mentioned that I tried to change

That crap in the last two lines is embarrassing, it actually should say
something like:

" .. the following URL is part of the thread where I earlier asked for
a working"

/etc/default/keyboard
to get the alt_gr behavior on a Macintosh.

Here's the "success" message:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2017/12/msg00024.html

Sorry guys!

Regards