Re: Debian Install on G5

On 1/14/20 9:43 PM, Bertrand gmail wrote:
> Anyhow, there is a good guide on how to circumvent the problem of the install of grub with the current install disc  here :
>
> https://forum.powerprogress.org/d/15-debian-10-updated-installation-images-for-debian-ports-2019-11-22
>
> It's pretty simple and it works. Someone should maybe add to this guide the need to pin the grub debian package to avoid an accidental upgrade which would break it again.

Well, it will be fixed automatically once I have finished fixing this issue:

> https://github.com/glaubitz/powerpc-utils/commit/4a3f51762fdd90112721e3c436973aec51beb95c

If someone wants to write a guide, well they can knock themselves out. But I rather want
to commit the proper fix.

I have not found the time during holidays to work on this as I expected as I worked on
many other issues. But I expect that to happen soonish as most other issues I had on
my TODO list are now done.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz