Re: making snapshot debian ports netinstall cd myself

Hi Jeroen!

On 10/10/19 12:16 PM, jjhdiederen wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to make a debian netinstall cd as a snapshot
> from the debian-ports archive? I tried many manuals on the net how to
> customise a cd but I can't get it working. Any help is appreciated.

This (slightly outdated) guide [1] explains how it's done. Basically, you
have to create a local mirror first as debian-cd cannot download any packages
remotely when building a CD.

You should also manually build the debian-installer package from git [2]
manually to make sure the kernel ABI version is correct [3]. The ABI version
in debian-installer must always match the one from src:linux [4]. The ABI
version is *not* the same as the package version which indicates the upstream
kernel version.

Also, you will need to fix the ofpathname tool if you want to be able to
install on a PowerMac [5] and then merge the changes in [6].

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz