Re: pbuilder problemn ppc64

On 10/4/19 8:50 PM, Jeroen Diederen wrote:
> E: Release signed by unknown key (key id DA1B2CEA81DCBC61)
>    The specified keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg
> may be incorrect or out of date. You can find the latest Debian release

Did you ever run "apt update && apt -y upgrade" on this machine?

The error message tells you that the release signing key is outdated,
so you should figure out whether the key - which is part of the package
"debian-ports-archive-keyring" - is still up-to-date. If you have never
updated the machine, the key may also have expired.

Also, I wouldn't use pbuilder unless you know what you are doing. sbuild
is the commonly used tool these days and is much easier to set up, so
I wouldn't bother wasting time trying to set up pbuilder.

With sbuild, you just need to make sure that you use the correct sources.list
and the correct archive signing key as both are different for Debian release
architecture and Debian Ports.

If you don't want to use the wiki guide I linked in the other mail, you can
also try the script sbuild-developer-setup [1] by Michael Stapelberg [1]
although I don't know how usable the script is for Debian Ports as it
doesn't seem to have an option to specify the archive signing key
or the sources.list with a separate parameter.

As with many of these guides or scripts, they are unfortunately made
with Debian on amd64 in mind so they might not work as they should
on other targets, especially in Debian Ports.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz