Docker container for package building?

Good afternoon,

I hope this is the right place to ask... (if not, please advise):

I've got a test account on a POWER9 machine, and to better evaluate its performance,
I'd like to first package some software that has been developed in our scientific
community, and later build a container with that inside.

So the first step would be to run a Debian packaging environment inside the OS
installed on the machine (which is RHEL 7.6 and cannot be changed). Stretch is OK,
Buster will also do.

I'm looking for a ready-made Docker/Singularity image that can provide me with the
necessary tools (in particular, pbuilder and root access) - singularity 3.3.0 had
been installed on the host machine, and internet access has been provided.
(I'm not familiar with creating Docker containers, and would have to pass the
second step to someone more knowledgeable.)

Any pointers, suggestions, caveats are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)