Re: Failed install attempt - GRUB issue - hfsprogs missing?

On 7/2/19 10:40 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 7/2/19 4:32 PM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
There's no UDEB for hfsprogs which would allow handling HFS from the
installer environment so we need to resort to using the tools from the
hfsprogs DEB package from inside the target root FS during installation.

Please file a bug against hfsprogs if we need a udeb although it could be
that this bug report gets rejected because powerpc and ppc64 are not
release architectures.

But during your installation the hfsprogs package couldn't be located,
making `mk-hfs-bootstrap` unable to perform its task which also makes
`d-i/grub-installer` exiting before finishing the GRUB installation.

hfsprogs should be in /target or grub-installer should install it there
if it's not in /target yet. But again, grub-ofpathname needs to be fixed
but I don't have the time.

Adrian

Anyone know what was the last working Debian installer for ppc64? I mean
the network installer which John Paul Adrian Glaubitz crafted for us. I
would just use that and then set it aside with a big label on it that
says "works as expected".  Then be real careful when running any sort of
update and avoid hfsprogs and grub entirely.  At least for a while.  Two
years or so maybe.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC