Re: Switching debian-installer CD images to GRUB

Hi,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Btw, I was wondering how much it would take to add HFS support to
> xorriso but I guess the necessary changes are so extensive which
> is why it's not been done yet.

I obtained (hopefully complete) HFS specs and had to learn that it is
not easily implementable as downgraded version of HFS+.
libisofs got HFS+ with nearly no own effort from Validmir Serbinenko
because he needed it for grub-mkrescue. But he had no motivation for HFS.
(Does GRUB2 support old 32-bit powerpc at all ?)

So it is about the ratio of my motivation and the expectable pain to
squeeze another filesystem tree into libisofs and to find test cases.
Given the fact that genisoimage still offers -hfs and that Fedora showed
a strategy how to please such firmware by a small, externally created
filesystem image, i am not motivated enough yet.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas