Re: Best way too install Debian Jessie on powerpc/powerpc64 ?

Hi Rick!

On 4/5/19 3:10 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Is there a new install CD/DVD for PowerPC Jessie now that it’s repo has been moved to archives?

That won't really necessary. During installation, you should be able to specify the
Debian archive mirror as your primary mirror. This can be done by not choosing a
mirror from the list but entering the information manually.

Server: http://archive.debian.org
Folder: debian/

Rebuilding the images takes quite some efforts and I would like to focus rather on the
new stuff. FWIW, Frank Scheiner has now patches ready to fix the GRUB issue with our
new installation images. We just have to wait for the current Debian Buster freeze to
be over.

> And in a similar vein, what changes do I need to make to sources.list for a Mac powerpc and/or powerpc64 that already has Jessie installed (*not* Sid)

Use http://archive.debian.org whenever you would use "http://ftp.debian.org.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz