Re: clang-8

Hi Elimar!

On 5/27/19 10:37 AM, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> is there any reason why clang-8 doesn't appear in Debian Ports? It
> iss available in supported arch's though.

You are equaling Debian Ports and powerpc. I assume you mean powerpc
and clang-8 was previously not available on powerpc due to a bug which
I have fixed and manually built and uploaded the package, so it's
available:

root@kapitsa:~# apt-cache policy clang-8
clang-8:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1:8-5
  Version table:
     1:8-5 500
        500 http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports unstable/main powerpc Packages
root@kapitsa:~# apt install clang-8
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  libclang-common-8-dev libclang1-8 libllvm8 libncurses-dev libtinfo-dev llvm-8 llvm-8-dev llvm-8-runtime
Suggested packages:
  clang-8-doc ncurses-doc llvm-8-doc
Recommended packages:
  libomp-8-dev
  clang-8 libclang-common-8-dev libclang1-8 libllvm8 libncurses-dev libtinfo-dev llvm-8 llvm-8-dev llvm-8-runtime
0 upgraded, 9 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 49.6 MB of archives.
After this operation, 309 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Is there any architecture where you are missing clang? Please note that clang
is not available on all architectures.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz