Re: Curious why the PowerMac G5 quad needs a monitor to boot

On 5/7/19 4:59 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 5/6/19 5:33 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
Also it is Debian sid. I simply compiled a kernel on it which explains
the 5.0.11 version.
What's the point of posting the uname information then? The information
was misleading in this context.

In the meantime, did you boot the machine with a serial or netboot console
to find out what's actually happening? We won't be able to help in anyway
without a debug log.

Adrian

Sounds too much like work for an annoying little thing.
I will connect a KVM to it perhaps and that may solve it without
knowing why it happens.  As for a serial port or serial console,
in my dreams. There is no way that I know to attach a serial
port to these old things.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC