Re: baffled .. the 2019-01-27 debian-10.0-ppc64-NETINST-1.iso not bootable

On 4/6/19 10:30 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 4/6/19 8:44 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
>> PS:  Also note that Adrian is in the process of making an updated boot CD for PowerPC64.  See the recent mail in the Debian PowerPC list.
> Done: https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/2019-04-06/
>
> Also with d-i images now and ia64: https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/debian-installer/
>
> More detailed mail with explanation after a longer coffee break.
>
> Note: ia64 and powerpc/ppc64 with GRUB are completely untested.
>
> Adrian

Great work !

Sure enough I can not boot DVD-RW media. Near as I can tell. However the
DVD+RW dual layer seems to work fine. Which is good as I have a whole
stack of that stuff.

I just did a quick test here and ran into an inability to partition the
internal disk.

You can listen to me rambling about this at :

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQwwexSvpY0

Just skip ahead to the 3:45 time mark and we can see partition process
is not there.

Dennis

ps: sorry about the quality but I have no clue ho to config the OBS
      video capture software on Linux .. yet.