Re: debian on eServer 9111-520

Small Update:

On 4/6/19 14:51, Frank Scheiner wrote:
I will try to check if SP operation makes a difference, if I find out
how to disable MP operation, because there doesn't seem to be a SP
kernel available for ppc64. Hence I'm also not 100% sure that the
installer really operates in SP mode. I have to check `/proc/cpuinfo`
during an installation to be sure.

The installer operates in MP mode:
```
~ # uname -a
Linux (none) 4.19.0-2-powerpc64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.16-1 (2019-01-17)
ppc64 GNU/Linux
```

...and the ipr module is loaded but doesn't make any problems:

```
~ # lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
sr_mod                 28208  0
sd_mod                 57863  0
cdrom                  67419  1 sr_mod
ohci_pci                8841  0
ohci_hcd              106199  1 ohci_pci
ipr                   162351  0
ehci_pci                8834  0
ehci_hcd              145930  1 ehci_pci
pata_pdc2027x          11712  0
usbcore               365388  4 ohci_hcd,ehci_pci,ehci_hcd,ohci_pci
usb_common              7700  1 usbcore

~ # cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

  11        0     224472 sr0
   8       16  143374000 sdb
   8       17       7168 sdb1
   8       18  135633920 sdb2
   8       19          1 sdb3
   8       21    7730176 sdb5
   8        0  143374000 sda
   8        1       7168 sda1
   8        2  127474688 sda2
   8        3          1 sda3
   8        5   15889408 sda5
```

Unloading and reloading the module makes no issues, too.

Not sure what makes the difference, well the kernel is a little older
and the list of loaded modules is very short. I have to compare that
with the list of loaded modules when the machine boots with kernel and
initramfs from disk and root FS from network. Maybe there is some
interaction that makes problems.

Cheers,
Frank