Re: debian on eServer 9111-520

On 3/29/19 15:41, Alexandre Bencz wrote:
Hi!
It's possible to install debian on ibm 9111-520 machine, with 8 DASDs
and raid controller ?

Yes, I think so. I remember that it worked for me on a 9131-52A with
single disk and the built-in SCSI controller. I also have a 9111-520,
but don't remember if I ever tried an on-disk install on this machine,
though I'd expect it to work fine, too.

What I don't know is, if it will work, if you have set up a RAID from
your 8 disks. Maybe you just give it a try. Latest images for testing
are available on [1]. I'd recommend to use the one for ppc64, though the
powerpc one should also work, but will give you a 32bit userland "only".

[1]: https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/2019-01-27/

Cheers,
Frank