Re: News about Firefox for PowerPC

On 3/7/19 8:21 AM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> Ha.  Let's not drag the SPARC world into this. In my opinion, based on
> some twenty years of observational data, the only problem with SPARC
> based systems is that they are horribly slow and run horribly hot while
> costing horrible amounts of money. Other than that it is a fantastic
> architecture.   :-)

Slow? The SPARC T5 we have in Debian Ports is eight or nine years old
and is still one of the fastest machines we have in the whole of Debian.

But that was not my point: My point is to ask users to fix bugs upstream
so everyone profits from the fixes and don't keep your fixes local.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz