Re: Installation of Debian on an iMac PowerPC

> On Feb 12, 2019, at 10:46 PM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> Grub for Powerpc is still a work in progress.  It may not work on your old G3 machine.  Jessie uses the older “yaboot” bootloader, which may be more stable for your situation.

Anything that uses NewWorld ROMs should work fine with GRUB. I don’t see how and why Yaboot should be better and more stable.

> Everybody seems to agree that Grub is the wave of the future, but that wave hasn’t fully crested yet.

I find that statement a bit unfair given the fact that we’re doing all this work with limited resources and time and in our leisure time.

I have already explained that I am currently in the process of moving and once that all has settled, I will be able to pull out my PowerPC collection to perform tests and commit changes.

It doesn’t really make much sense to work on the GRUB stuff when I don’t have access to test hardware to test changes.

Please be a bit more patient. I will have moved by the end of February.

Adrian