Debian 10.0 ppc64 NETINST-1 2019/01/27 -- windfarm on PowerMac G5 7,3

I just tried installing the 2019/01/27 ppc64 NETINST-1 on my Powermac G5 7,3.  It booted OK and went thru the preliminaries, but about the time it got to loading the partitioner, the windfarm fans started going crazy and I had to shut it down.

I seem to remember that there was a module I could go to the <f2> console and modprobe that would control that, but I forget the details.

Anybody got a clue they feel like sharing with me?
Anybody else see this happening?

Enjoy!
Rick