Re: iBook G4 - Wireless

> On Feb 4, 2019, at 2:22 PM, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
>
> PS: it would of course help other users of this card to have b43-fwcutte readily available in current apt sources.

Yes, I am aware of that. We have that already on the list but my time is limited and working on Debian Ports is not my main job, I am doing this in my freetime.

I am also not just limited to my work on the PowerPC ports but all the other architectures in Debian Ports as well. The work is really time-consuming and requires a lot of testing which is why things like fixing the bootloader for PowerPC/PPC64 isn’t something that can be done overnight.

I will be moving into a larger apartment soon and while I am moving , I don’t have too much time to work on Ports. After I have moved, I will have enough space to put all my retro hardware on storage and retrieve it whenever I need it for Debian tests, including the installer.

I do want to fix all the remaining issues and I will actually fix them but I cannot do it right now and immediately. I also currently don’t have hardware set up to be able to reproduce graphics glitches as reported by Noah, for example.

If you find something like those missing packages, put it on the TODO list in the Debian Wiki for PowerPC. The b43-fwcutter package is already on the list, however, so don’t worry.

Thanks,
Adrian
(currently returning from FOSDEM)