Re: Problems with hfsprogs on G5 Power Macs

Hi Frank!

On 1/7/19 12:57 PM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
Can you post a backtrace from a package build with debug symbols? I suspect this will
be something quite obvious, i.e. using pointers to int/long rather than specific
32-bit types in the HFS code.

Sure, if you can provide me with instructions on how and what to do.
It should be enough to builds hfsprogs from directly source, then run the
binary through gdb, e.g.:

$ gdb --args /path/to/hfsprogs --param1 --param2

The "--args" argument to gdb is necessary so that gdb calls the binary with
"--param1 --param2".

Thanks, I'll give that a try and report the results.

Cheers,
Frank