Re: PowerMac G5 fans run out of control with kernel 4.17.0-3-powerpc64 but not with 4.16.0-1-powerpc64

Hi Dennis,

Glad to hear you got it working!

How about this…  You send me your detailed notes from making the kernel; I’ll try to follow them and reproduce your results.  If I have trouble I’ll ask you for clarification and we’ll incorporate those into the next rev of the notes.  I’ll then try to extend the process to make .deb files and we’ll add that to the notes if I succeed.  When we’re done, we’ll look for a place to make our notes available to the others…

Worth a shot?
Rick