Re: Missing libkf5filemetadata3 5.49 package

Hi!

On 09/07/2018 05:03 PM, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Someone know why this package is missing ?

Yes, it's build dependencies are not installable:

> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=kfilemetadata-kf5

It's because ffmpeg fails to build from source:

> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ffmpeg&suite=sid

Normally, the old versions can be used to fulfill the build
dependencies. However, since powerpc is now part of Debian
Ports, we can no longer use this feature called "cruft".

Explanation here: https://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2017/12/msg00060.html

> 5.49 build fine on my G5, so I don't understand the problem.

Does the current version of ffmpeg build for you?

> I tried to read the log file, but I don't know where are stored
> these logs.

Logs are always on buildd.debian.org, for example:

> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=kfilemetadata-kf5

You have to search for the source package name. You can type the
binary name, then click "PTS", then click "logs" on the PTS page
to get to the source package in case you don't know the name.

> Also why powerpc isn't listed in packages pages ?
Most likely just a missing database sync which will be fixed once
kfilemetadata-kf5 is up to date.

Someone needs to fix binutils on powerpc32. Affects powerpcspe as well.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz