Re: PowerMac G5 fans run out of control with kernel 4.17.0-3-powerpc64 but not with 4.16.0-1-powerpc64

> The bug is “status: NEEDINFO”, so I assume it’s not fixed yet.  In the meantime, manually loading the windfarm modules is a tested workaround.

Does this workaround work for you, too?

"However, there is a workaround: In addition to CONFIG_I2C_POWERMAC=y you
need to compile "Device Drivers → Macintosh device drivers → WINDFARM=y"
statically into the kernel. Then, the relevant WINDFARM_xx module gets
automatically loaded again."