Re: PowerMac G5 fans run out of control with kernel4.17.0-3-powerpc64but not with 4.16.0-1-powerpc64

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 11:40 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Well, you have to add the experimental distribution to your sources.list
> if you want to be able to install packages from the experimental
> distribution :-).
>
> See: https://people.debian.org/~glaubitz/sources.list.experimental
>
> You want to add this to your /etc/apt/preferences:
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=experimental
> Pin-Priority: 1

for all packages like above, I prefer to specify default-release
instead of pinning :

$ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99local
APT::Default-Release "unstable";

it will make priority 990 instead of default 500 for unstable (apt policy).