Removing the LDC compiler from ppc64el / IEEE quad ABI support?

[ Please keep me in CC, I am not subscribed to this list ]

Hi!
I was investigating issue #907239 (LDC ftbfs on ppc64el), filing an
upstream issue for it[1].
Upstream now suggests to drop support for the powerpc/ppc64el
architecture entirely, due to the maintenance cost and the fact the
issue won't likely be solved soon.

However, they might support ppc64el again it in case the architecture
switched to IEEE quad ABI.

Is that likely to happen anytime soon in Debian by default?
Cheers,
    Matthias

[1]: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/2824