Re: Debian sid testing progress

Hi!

On 08/13/2018 10:06 AM, CL Mail wrote:
> Hello. A few of us have been installing and testing the PPC port of Buster/sid and posting our advice and results on the MacRumors PowerPC forum. A number of
> machines have been tested, and more will be tested in the near future. Our progress can be followed at the thread
> at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/powerpc-linux-support-to-continue-in-debian-ports.2128808/

Thanks for your work. This encourages us to keep working on the port.

FWIW, I am currently trying to fix the Rust compiler on 32-bit PowerPC so
that we will eventually be able to use Firefox and Thunderbird on PowerPC
again.

Oh, and I am going to build fresh installation images this week so you
guys will have something to test. I have vacation for two weeks now and
therefore enough time for that.

> Thanks to all involved with maintaining this port.

You're welcome. Please join us on #debian-ports on OFTC on IRC if you would
like to get into contact. New help is always welcome.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz