Re: Debian on iBook

> On 08/11/2018 08:00 AM, Michele Bert wrote:
>>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2017/10/msg00099.html
>>
>> Very interesting!
>>
>> I skipped first step, and followed the instructions using the yabook currently installed (through old ubuntu), and worked!
>
> I will upload a patched version of yaboot the next days. Can
> someone point me at the patch again, please?

I think the patch in question is here:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2017/10/msg00118.html.

However from my work on OpenBIOS something doesn't seem quite right here
- are you able to provide a complete log of the boot over the serial
console or similar so we can look?

My first query is whether you've ever changed the value of "load-base"
from its default in OF? In my device tree dumps, the iBook reports a
default load-base of 0x800000, so that leaves plenty of space for the OF
bootloader to load the yaboot bootstrap and then pull in the 2nd stage
at 0x100000.

It might be that I can figure out the issue by setting up a
qemu-system-ppc and (manually hacked) OpenBIOS in the same way.

ATB,

Mark.