Re: upcoming shutdown of DSA-run powerpc buildds

On 06/26/2018 04:12 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> With IBM and Red Hat pouring buckets of effort and money into the IBM
> Power arch I have to wonder why there is not a Debian release in some
> form or fashion?  There seems to be little available for powerpc which
> is big endian whereas ppc64le seems to be quite popular.

As you mentioned, most paying customers are interested in the little-endian
port these days. So most distributions are focusing on that.

However, in Debian we have the possibility to move "powerpc" to Debian
Ports which is what I requested to do already after it was announced
it would not be part of Debian Stretch.

We're doing that now.

Adrian

--