Re: radeon 0000:00:10.0: ring 0 stalled for more than 10240msec

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 22:45:47 +0200
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> On 04/24/2018 10:35 PM, Mick wrote:
> > That's exactly what happened with lubuntu 16.04 PPC on my ibook  G4 (with a radeon graphic card). And that's the reason why I rolled back to 14.04. And that's also why I subscribe to this list!
>
> Feel free to install Debian sid on your iBook G4 [1]. You will have something
> supported (unofficially through Debian Ports) and up-to-date for your
> iBook.

Encouraging words! I will do assoon as possible,thanks.

> I'm not sure what Mathieu was referring to in his second mail though
> when talking about PCI vs AGP. I think the Radeon in the G4 was AGP.

The radeon is on AGP bus, but I heard that the driver does not work well in agp mode. The only way I found to let the system stay up is to pass to the kernel the parameter radeon.agpmode=-1, which means use the card in PCI mode. I suppose he was referring to it.

--
Mick