Re: baffled by a slightly broken systemd and /lib/systemd/libsystemd-shared-235.so

On 28/03/18 01:00 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Hi Dennis!

Have you tried dist-upgrading your system?

I spotted systemd 235 and maybe the binary was built with a broken binutils version which can happen and cause weird crashes and corrupted binaries.

Thank you for the suggestion and I will give that a try. I am seeing all
manner of strange things here now :

root@nix:~# apt-key adv --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 06AED62430CB581C gpg: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.7: undefined symbol: PC
root@nix:~#

I managed to rescue boot with an 8.10 ppc64 dvd and then move
the /usr/local/lib dir to the side by renaming it /usr/local/_lib and
then was able to boot fine. I then renamed it back to the correct
name /usr/local/lib and will try a dist-upgrade .. if I can get that
 to work.   :-)

Dennis