Spurious lzma decompression error on ppc64

Hello,

since a few days ago, I get messages like

| Unpacking libsmartcols1:ppc64 (2.31.1-0.4) over (2.30.2-0.3) ...
| dpkg-deb (subprocess): decompressing archive member: lzma error: compressed data
|  is corrupt
| dpkg-deb: error: <decompress> subprocess returned error exit status 2
| dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libsmartcols1_2.31.1-0.4_ppc64.deb (--unpack):
|  cannot copy extracted data for './lib/powerpc64-linux-gnu/libsmartcols.so.1.1.0' to '/lib/powerpc64-linux-gnu/libsmartcols.so.1.1.0.dpkg-new': unexpected end of file or stream
| Errors were encountered while processing:
|  /var/cache/apt/archives/libsmartcols1_2.31.1-0.4_ppc64.deb

There is no obvious pattern in which packages are affected, and just
repeating the upgrade makes the problem go away. So it's rather not a
problem with the package itself. Wisdom of the net suggest to indeed
just redo the installation step, this is just band-aid and feels wrong.

FWIW, the computer benefits from a local apt-cacher-ng but no other
systems (quite a few, several archs and distributions) connected to it
shows that behaviour.

Rechecking xz-utils and liblzma using the md5sums file showed no errors.
So I'm slightly concerned there's something inside that causes these
errors, and the first idea was some kind of memory corruption, due to
hardware or kernel.

Anybody else seeing something similar?

    Christoph