Re: PPC64: gcc currently compiles for power4 by default, causing glibc's sqrtf to fail on e6500

On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 06:58:55PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> It would be nice if anyone who cares about the ppc64 could actually
> post what kind of hardware they have. We should find a consensus on
> where to put the baseline.

Well at least the CPUs listed on https://wiki.debian.org/PPC64 would
be nice.  Either that or make the page match what is really supported.

> Rebuilding the whole archive isn't so much of a problem. We have already
> done that :).

Yeah at least there are some pretty fast PPC64 build boxes.

And it might be possible to scan the binaries for unsupported instructions
and just rebuild those packages, but it might not be worth the bother.

--
Len Sorensen