Re: Updated installer images

On Sep 8, 2017, at 2:32 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have generated an updated set of debian-installer images for
> Debian Ports which also now includes alpha [1].
>
> I have fixed the installation issues on hppa and sparc64, in
> both cases the bootloader installer was missing.
>
> ppc64 has still some issues with the partition manager, but I'm
> working on fixing that.
>
> Please test and report back on the individual architecture
> mailing lists, i.e. please don't post to debian-ports@l.d.o
> as this reaches the mailing lists of all ports.
>
> Adrian
>
>> [1] https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/
>
> --
> .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
> : :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz@debian.org
> `. `'   Freie Universitaet Berlin - glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de
>  `-    GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546  0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913

Thanks for doing this!

I tried this on on a PowerMac G5 (sha256)

46844b4c8da76c3fb18d3d350b1262b9938c8b8ff8a85bd193d76ac7e33b5dc9  debian-9.0-ppc64-NETINST-1.iso

It booted OK but when it came to configuring the network (There were two interfaces [both Broadcom BCM5780], I tried both) it was unable to contact the DHCP server on the LAN.  (The machine boots into Jessie using DHCP when not being used as a testbed for NETINST — so I know the DHCP server on the LAN is available and working)

I configured the net manually and forged ahead.  It successfully ran the time-from-ntp step, so the network was working after being manually configured.  I quit before running the disk partitioner, since I didn’t want to corrupt the existing Debian Jessie installation.

Hope this helps!
Let me know if I can provide any more information.  I can get a spare G5 out of storage for further testing — one that I won’t care about corrupting the disk — if it will help.

Rick